Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Baby Birds

Well, I have had a long journey with a little bird family living in my hanging ivy plant on the front porch.  About 1 week after I got the plant I went to water it.  To my surprise there was a perfect little nest with 4 little light blue eggs.  I immediately put the plant back and watered my other hanging plant.  I kept my eye on the babies and took as many pictures as I could.  I checked the plant about 5 days after seeing the eggs and saw this little we tiny bird with its mouth open.  It kind of freaked me out so I didn’t take any pictures.  I just put it back.  I checked again and there were 3 little fuzzy balls sleeping together.  They grew bigger and bigger and 2 days ago the last one flew away.  When I went to remove the nest and try to save my plant there was still one egg in the nest.  I guess it didn’t make it :(  Here are the pictures:

IMG_5862 IMG_5858
IMG_5851 IMG_5857
IMG_5910 IMG_5905

The next time I went to water my other hanging plant I noticed another perfect nest with 5 little blue eggs.  I was amazed that both of my plants were being used for raising baby birds.  I am also keeping my on that one.  The kids got a peek of the baby birds and were amazed and tickled.  What a neat opportunity.  Now I have to deal with a chipmunk living in my garage!!!

IMG_5854 IMG_5855

No comments:

Post a Comment