Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Sugar Cookies

I forgot to post this last week but I wanted to share my experience making cut out sugar cookies.  I wanted to do something different for all of Paige’s and Shane’s teachers (at least 6) this year so I thought cookies would be fun.  I used to make Christmas sugar cookies growing up and I loved putting icing on them and decorating them. 

Since I am not a good baker and have never used a rolling pin before, I thought I should do a trial run before actually making the real thing for the teachers.  I was very impressed with myself.  The first two batches turned out perfect but the last batch I didn’t bake long enough.  I made a very simple icing and colored it with food coloring.  Shane and I had a great time decorating them and, of course, they were gone within 2 days.  Now Shane keeps coming up to me and says, “Sugar”?  I know what he is talking about and I have to keep reminding him that we will do it again soon.  This time I bought some extra goodies to decorate them with.

Now, I am thinking about trying my hand at Russian Tea cookies…you know…the little powdered balls that melt in your mouth?  They recipes come from allrecipes.com and they are fabulous.  I couldn’t help subscribing to Christmas cookie countdown.  No self control :(

IMG_0286 IMG_0285

1 comment:

  1. Oh those turned out great. Hopefully we will have some time on Wednesday to do ours. We make them just about every holiday. Hearts, pumpkins, leaves, bats, ghosts, moons, Christmas trees, gingerbread men and women, stars, you get the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete