Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Big News from Maryland…

As some of you know I am in Maryland visiting my sister, niece, and nephew.  I got the pleasure of experience an earthquake at 5am this morning.  I have now experienced an earthquake on the west coast, Midwest, and east coast – not to mention a few hurricanes in South Florida.  I woke up and knew exactly what was going on but the kids didn’t wake up so I went back to sleep. 

I woke up and talked to Lacy who didn’t believe me that there was an earthquake.  She was just mad that Jason shook her awake at 5am this morning.  He kept telling her that he didn’t.  Finally, we turned on the TV for confirmation of the 3.6 earthquake that hit Gaithersburg, MD.  That is where my sister lives…on the epicenter.

We are on our way to a 7 acre park this morning.  There is a heat advisory of 96 degrees by 11 am so we are about to walk out the door.  I will keep you updated on any aftershocks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment